I’m heading north to the Big(ger) City bright and early tomorrow morning, so there probably won’t be any more posts this week as we head into Memorial Day weekend.
- Today in Go Fuck Yourself: The House Republican agriculture bill takes a small program to feed poor kids school lunch during the summer months and says that it can only provide to “rural” children.
- Eighty U.S. troops have landed in Chad to help look for the kidnapped Nigerial schoolgirls.
- The Republican war on workers’ rights.
- Fascinating look into past efforts to drive gays away from government jobs.
- Check out how much it costs to hire your favorite band.
- There 69 words General Motors employees can never say.
- Fascinating: The vocal ranges of popular vocalists. Guess who has the most range.
- Asa Hutchinson, who is running for governor of Arkansas and a proponent of voter ID laws, was left waiting in line during yesterday’s election because he forgot his ID.
- Florida man fights off shark.
- Here’s a bandwidth cap to go with your shitty Internet providers merging.
- You’re not that busy.